Have a Fun Weekend!
I'd like to wish everyone a fun and relaxing weekend, but before I sign off for the day, here are some fun links along with my weekly round up of events taking place this weekend sent in from readers. If you have events to include here each week, please email decor8blog AT yahoo.com, subject EVENTS, and I'll certainly consider it. :)
click on the image you'd like to see in full view.
- Boston: Visit the Somerville Open Studios May 3-4 from Noon until 6 p.m. to see (and purchase!) the works of over 300 artists.
- Boston: Mid Century Modern addicts won't want to miss this. Machine Age kicks off their huge sale today until May 11. If you want the best selection I advise heading over this weekend.
- Brooklyn: Rare Device is closing up shop so head over for their mega sale this weekend, click here for store hours and directions.
- Raleigh - The Handmade Market kicks off this weekend from 11-5 on Saturday, May 3rd. Details here.
- Los Angeles: Henry Road Grand Opening Celebration all weekend long in Studio City and a 20% online discount for the rest of us. Code: STORE.
- Los Angeles: Pam Anderson hosts her very estate sale in Malibu this weekend selling a house full of Shabby Chic stuff. Details here. Thanks, Leah for the tip!
- San Mateo: The Maker Fair kicks off, Victoria blogs about it here. Event details here.
- San Francisco: Heath Ceramics sale and auction May 3-4 (Sat. 10-6, Sun 10-5). Details here.
- Artist Kelly Rae Roberts has a book due to release, Taking Flight: Inspiration + Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings. Congrats, Kelly! Pre-order details here.
- New Lotta Jansdotter products on her website, don't miss if you're a Lotta fan!
- Cape Weekend has a new online store! Yay!
- How can you not love these new teacups from Ambrosia Porcelain?
- I'm loving the Plane Jane Project lately.
- I can't stop looking at We Heart It. Gosh what a fantastic resource for all things art and design. It's a dangerous site, you'll be hooked for hours.
- Progeny is a store to check out, adorable aprons + things for the modern girl!
- A new alt-country style and design webzine from Urban Prairie?s Chris Brown titled ?REFUELED? will be released and available for FREE download on Monday, May 12th. ?I have felt for a long time that there should be a alternative magazine in the country arena.? said Chris, ?I?want to continue to blur the lines with country - continue to inspire a younger generation.? Each issue will feature collectors, shows, designers, decor, style and?music.
- Sub-Studio Design interviews Second Line Frames who salvages wood siding from damaged Hurricane Katrina houses and turns them into picture frames, 10% of their sales go to The Katrina Foundation for Recovery.
- DIY Project: Paper Wrapped Soap from Creature Comforts.
- If you're new to collecting original works of art and would like some tips, please refer to my article Art Collecting: How To Get Started posted today over at Real Simple.
... And don't forget the Rock Scissor Paper decor8 discount: 25% off everything on their website, including their personalized stationery, until May 11th. Enter code: DECOR8.
Have a terrific weekend!
(images linked to sources above)