6 Amazing Artists You'll Love
Hello! I’m Liss from Melbourne, Australia and I’m visiting while Holly is only here on a part-time basis until she settles into her new country. I keep a little visual inspiration blog called Daydream Lily, it’s where I post all the things that inspire me, think dreamy photography, illustration, handmade loves and creative homes. Today I’m sharing 6 of my favourite things and the artists who inspire me, and I hope that you'll love them too!
1. Creative unique Jewellery, like that of Vanilla Bug -- Created by Melbourne based Amy Borrell, Vanilla Bug is a collection of her creations from cute water colors to handmade jewellery inspired by tea parties, whimsy and childhood nostalgia. My favourites are her milk and doily brooches.
2. Sarah McNeil -- Sarah McNeil is a Melbourne, Australia based artist, illustrator and crafter. She creates wonderful portraits of people and animals from watercolour. She will even paint a custom portrait of your pet. When not painting, you can find her knitting adorable bunny brooches, also available in her etsy shop.
3. Collages like those of Sonia Ahlers -- I find Sonja’s, mixed media works so inspiring, it makes me want to do some of my own collages. She has published two art books, Temper, Temper and Fatal Distraction which are full of bunnies, silhouettes, collage and humorous scribbles that give you an insight into the mind of this creative gal. I can spend ages just looking through them, each time discovering something new!
5. Cori Kindred -- Cori’s takes dreamy Polaroid photographs, that were featured in the book, For The Love Of Light, a tribute to Polaroid photography. If her pictures weren’t enough to inspire me she also creates gorgeous crafty goods which she sells via her shop. My favourites are these vintage paper flags.
6. Erin Paisley-Stueber -- I was so excited to see her illustrations in the booklet of Lisa Mitchell’s new album Wonder. If you haven’t heard of Lisa Mitchell’s, music you must have a listen, she has a sweet folksy style. Watch her latest single, Coin Laundry its all about a girl who lives in your washing machine and collects buttons and things that comes off your clothing, very cute!
Thank you so much for having me on decor8, Holly! ~ Liss
(images linked to their sources above)