8 Things I Found This Past Weekend
There are often so many things that I do or see during the weekend that never make it to my blog or even to Instagram. I often wonder why don't I share on decor8 as freely as I once did, why do I think everything needs it's own post and tons of hours devoted to pulling together a review? When I got started as a blogger 9 years ago, I blogged so frequently and my recipe was usually that I'd produce a few big stories each week, a few mid-size ones, and then a bunch of quickies here and there. While everyone else is talking about slow blogging at the moment, I just want to go my own way and blog more frequently and share what I see, but not necessarily make every post one that took me a day to pull together. So in honor of the blogger I once was, who I now want to become again, I'm going to blog daily and just follow my heart. Not every post will be something major, but at least I can use this space to do what I do best - spotlight all of the things that I love and to do it freely and somewhat easily. Here are 8 lovely things that I found this weekend:
1. Me&Mats jewelry. I was sent a beautiful necklace, Mister Grey, as a gift and wore it with my new oversized beige cashmere sweater, a pair of jeans and my new boots with neon indigo blue trim. I felt like a million bucks in this necklace. I truly love it.
2. A stack of Anthology magazines that I was missing in my collection. Gosh I love this magazine so much.
3. These fun little Hoptimist figures from Concept Room are finally unpacked and ready to put somewhere in my home. They are so sweet and bouncy. One is definitely going into the baby's room for his shelf (the ones he cannot reach yet!).
5. My quilt is finished! I've been working on this quilt for an embarrassingly long time. I decided to send it out to be quilted after I put it all together and it came back looking gorgeous. I'm so happy because this was a lot of work. Now I want to make more. Thank you Brigitte, you did a gorgeous job!
6. I'm prepping a "foodie" shoot for the decor8 shop. Here you can see some of the things I'll soon feature above like the gorgeous serving board is from Arayna Jensen, the print from Colour Moon and these gorgeous linen napkins from Celina Mancurti that are to die for. I'm so proud that I stock handmade products that are made so beautifully.
8. Flipping through Milk Decoration magazine, given to me by my friend who just returned from France. I'm so glad this was part of my weekend. So inspiring.
And finally, because I haven't blogged about him in so long... Here is my little Aidan with his daddy. He turned 8 months old on October 9th. He is such a darling boy. He started crawling at 6 months and is standing too but hasn't walked on his own yet - we're thinking he'll start walking at 10 months. He's so close!!!
So those are 8 things that I found this weekend. I hope you had a nice weekend and found some good stuff too. - Holly
(images: holly becker for decor8)