FLOR DIY: Hopskotch Rug
The second I saw this, I knew I had to share it here on decor8 -- a fun FLOR project showing us how to create a hopskotch rug. I'd love to see this in a home where the only kids living there are the adults. I mean, seeing this in a kids space or school would be adorable, but somewhat expected, not so much of a conversation piece. But spotting this in an adults only space, in a home office or living room, now that would be completely fun. Not to mention great exercise. Now if only FLOR had a template for Twister... Sign me up!
1. FLOR Rug Map which includes layout, tile and design guidelines.
2. Number stencils from any craft store, or create your own with this template.
3. Bristol Brush or a Stippling Brush to dry brush paint onto FLOR tiles.
4. One to two 4oz. bottles of Opaque White airbrush paint. (Suggested: Createx brand from Bear Air).
5. Carpet knife for quick and easy trim of the Hop Skotch marquis.
6. Eight FLOR Tiles (they come with FLOR Dots). Toy Poodle was used to create the rug shown above.
(image from flor)